Friday Five : 03 Mar 2017

Friday 3 March 2017


I've been a bit quiet this week. First week back after school half term and it's taking me a little while to get my blogging mojo back. But here we are :

Friday Five (1 of 5) Espadrilles



Primark Espadrilles (instore)


Some things just don't change. I love espadrilles and usually buy a pair each year. This year, I went all magpie and bought these rose gold sequin ones from Primark. When you rub the sequins the wrong way, they show the silver side so you can wear them kind of matt or funked up. They also do a silver version which I might just have to go back for! 


Friday Five (2 of 5) Jam and Cream Scones


It's got to be clotted cream. Right.


I'm rather partial to a scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam and last week I may have sampled the odd one or two whilst out and about. This week, I'm still on a scone cream and jam bender but it's courtesy of M&S. As I may have mentioned before, this is why I will never be a Victoria's Secret's underwear model.


M&S Delights


Friday Five (3 of 5) Supermarket Sweep


I actually quite like going to the supermarket especially if it's one of the bigger stores which has clothes. When I lived on my own, I used to go to the Asda near where I lived and instead of heading towards the food section, I always took a left to the magazines and the George clothing section. I sometimes forgot the food but I quite often came out with something non edible but wearable. Old habits die hard and I bought some more non-edibles but wearables this week from Sainsburys. First up ....


This is the prettiest little bardot top ever. I didn't have the highest hopes when I saw it given my success rating with these kind of off the shoulder tops but it was too pretty not to try on. The elastic isn't too tight across the top and it's not too pingy up off the shoulders. I'm itching for warm summer days as this is going to be perfect with my old denim mini. Normally I go for the plainer the better in these styles but look how "1970's Flake girl sitting in a poppy field painting a watercolour canvas" pretty this is! 

And next up .....

Look at that ruffle! This wouldn't look out of place in Zara or Mango. Anyway I'm on it like a car bonnet with all this ruffles stuff now. First the Topshop gingham ruffle skirt and now this cute little top which is actually super comfy and quite flattering considering it's front ruffledge around the boob area. It's longish in the body so I will either wear it tucked in or if I can be bothered to drag the sewing machine out, I'll lop a few inches off it and shorten it.


Friday Five (4 of 5) Obsessing





My current obsession is round bags. Not just any round bag but that bag up there. I want a round wicker basket and I want an outer cover like that on it. I'm not overly fussed on designer bags, I like what I like and currently, I like that bag up there. So I'm now trying to find the right round basket and then work out how to create a cover on it - hers is leather. Catherine works with leather. I don't. What am I going to do?


Friday Five (5 of 5) Birthday Girl


Ben chose that for my sis! Good lad.


It was my sister's birthday last week. There are 13 years and a week between us. Ben chose that card for her but I guess it applies to me as well. So that makes it my birthday today so I'm not cooking and cleaning or doing the usual. You don't have to do anything special for me or take me anywhere in particular - all I ask is that I don't have to cook and clean and I get a day pass to spend in the shops guilt free. And I get to buy my own present. That's it! 😆


Have a nice weekend all!





8 comments

  1. Happy Birthday! Love reading your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much MrsH! And I'm so glad you enjoy the blog. x

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! It's also my husband's 50th (!!!) today and I have just been to eat my own bodyweight in gorgeous French food (No Victoria's Secret contracts for me either).
    Can't believe you've linked Catherine Dupon's bag above - I've been obsessing over it for weeks, ever since she put her holiday pics on IG (she is my new style icon). I've seen round baskets on Wood Grey and I think you've just spurred me on to buy one, although I'm afraid mine would sadly remain unembellished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated birthday greetings to your hubs! And Catherine is one stylish lady isn't she? I've been stalking her feed too. She's one of those persons who just has it. And the bag in the right size and shape is proving elusive to find at that moment. But I will persevere! x

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday Sue! I love both tops and now I covet that bag, too! Do you mind if I steal your idea for my next birthday? No chores and free pass to the shops sounds like pure bliss... I turned 40 this year and therefore got a big present, a "voucher" to get my two best friends tickets to Vienna to visit, but then they both got pregnant and I haven't been able to redeem my present yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good idea for birthdays. It's actually one of those things I just adopted over the last few years and it works well for me. It's just an excuse to do what you like! x

      Delete

Susie So So